Saturday, August 3, 2013

Welcome to Simple and Soft!


I am so glad you came to join me in my adventure! I will be the first to admit, I'm a little nervous about this whole thing. I've been an avid "bloggee"--- but to start my own blog? This is a whole new world of dedication. There is so much that I want to share, I just can't help but get it out there! I'll be posting ideas that hopefully will help you in your own journey towards creating a warm, lovely, welcoming home. There are a million tricks out there to help you do that, but I've decided to narrow it down to the following topics.

Recipes
Dinner is one of my favorite gathering times. I believe in good food. Food that is delicious. Food that you can get excited about. But most of all, food that is good for you. I know, it's easy to be skeptical. Healthy food that tastes good? I'm here to say IT IS POSSIBLE! I can't wait to share my tricks with you!

Craft
While I was growing up, my home was filled with paints, project books and opportunities to explore. I'm grateful to my artist mother who helped me develop the curiosity and ability to create. It's a skill that has stayed with me now that I'm all grown up. I love all sorts of crafting: sewing apparel, quilting, furniture restoration, you name it! I'll be sharing a little bit of everything. 

Home & Family
I studied Home and Family Living while at Brigham Young University. I love anything to do with marriage, children and home life. Now--- I'm no expert, but I do have lots of books filled with the words of real experts that I'd love to share with you. Hopefully I can post a little bit of insight to keep you inspired.

Cleaning & Organizing
I am a clean fanatic. I often joke that I'm selectively OCD. I may not have folded the laundry yet, but my pen drawer is sorted to perfection. I love getting caught up in deep, detailing work. I'm especially excited to share my toolbox of cleaning tips and tricks.

Provident Living
I love the idea of being self reliant. I want to be ready to take care of my family in the event of an emergency. Sometimes the unexpected can only give us a split second to react. If I'm prepared, I won't have to flounder during those times. Not only that, but to be frugal, and efficient in how I run my home.

Well, now it's down in writing. I'm committed. I am glad you are here to share in it with me. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment