Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Earring Travel Book

When I first had my ears pierced, I did not have a good place to keep my earrings. They ended up in drawers, on the night stand, underneath the bed... Everywhere! One night, I saw a picture of an earring travel book online and thought "I have to make this!"


I have to say, this project was great. It cost less than three dollars to make, and took about half an hour to put it all together. I originally thought I would just use it when I went on vacation, but now, I use it exclusively for my earrings.

I was able to buy everything I needed for this booklet at Hobby Lobby. For the pages, I bought pre-cut sheets of felt that come in 9x12 squares. You will find them in the crafting portion of the store, not with the fabric. Also, I like to use the stiffened felt for the cover, and the softer felt for the pages. 

I punched miniature holes through the pages of my felt to give the earrings an easy, designated spot to slide through. I used a scrap-booking eyelet kit to do it, and it worked great. I've included some written and illustrated instructions for it's construction. I hope you find them helpful!


Supplies:
2 sheets of colored felt
1 sheet stiffened felt
Matching thread
Adhesive Velcro dot
Hammer and eyelet setting tools
Hot glue gun

Patterns:

Cut the two colored felt squares into quarters.


 Cut the stiffened felt into the following shapes.


Instructions:
 







No comments:

Post a Comment